[mosquitto-dev] Buffering not working

I have the following mosquitto.conf for bridge to cloud, but when internet goes out, mosquitto does not buffer up and resend when internet resume.

What have I done wrong with the mosquitto config that the offline buffering is not working as expected?

Thanks!
Richard

pid_file /var/run/mosquitto.pid

persistence true
persistence_location /var/lib/mosquitto/

log_dest file /var/log/mosquitto/mosquitto.log

# =================================================================
# Bridges to AWS IOT
# =================================================================

# AWS IoT endpoint, use AWS CLI 'aws iot describe-endpoint'
connection awsiot
address aws.iot.us-west-2.amazonaws.com:8883

# Specifying which topics are bridged
topic outTopic out 1

# Setting protocol version explicitly
bridge_protocol_version mqttv311
bridge_insecure false

# Bridge connection name and MQTT client Id,
# enabling the connection automatically when the broker starts.
cleansession true
clientid bridgeawsiot
start_type automatic
notifications false
log_type all

cafile /home/pi/ca.crt
keyfile /home/pi/server.key
certfile /home/pi/server.crt
tls_version tlsv1

# Certificate based SSL/TLS support
#Path to the rootCA
bridge_cafile /home/pi/rootCA.cer

# Path to the PEM encoded client certificate
bridge_certfile /home/pi/bridge.cert.pem

# Path to the PEM encoded client private key
bridge_keyfile /home/pi/bridge.private.key

Back to the top