Re: [mosquitto-dev] Version 1.4.15

> Hi Dominik,
>
> The post install script on debian/ubuntu does set the owner (but not
> group) of /var/log/mosquitto to be "mosquitto", but that is as far as
> it goes. I would have expected the owner of that directory to be
> already set to mosquitto so can't imagine why the upgrade would have
> changed anything. Setting the group to adm should cause no problems.
>
> Regards,
>
> Roger

Hi Roger,

thanks for your response. logcheck requires the log-File to be readable
by the adm group. It would be good if mosquitto could set the groupĀ  and
read permissions accordingly.

As a work-around, I changed the settings of /etc/logrotate.d/mosquitto.
I replaced "nocreate" by " create 640 mosquitto adm".

It would help if either change could be applied to the debian package.

Thanks
Greetings
Dominik