For the advanced user a recompile of the current mosquitto in cygwin would probably make it able to handle posix signals (https://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/highlights.html#signal).

Regards,
Mikkel

On 24 May 2017 15:34:45 CEST, Spiros Apostolou <s.st.apostolou@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Any thoughts on this?
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Spiros Apostolou <s.st.apostolou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, May 11, 2017 at 10:28 AM
Subject: Reload configuration in Windows
To: mosquitto-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Is there a way to reload the configuration file without restarting the service in Windows?

I'm assuming that restarting the service may cause unexpected behavior whilst sending a signal (in Linux) probably does some better handling and does not result in anything unwanted.

If that's not the case should I simply restart the service?

Thanks
Spiros