Re: [mosquitto-dev] max system memory and mosquitto persistence file size limit

Kiran Pradeep <kiran.happy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Thanks for the max_queued_bytes feature addition and your
> reply. I checked out develop branch and tested
> `max_queued_bytes`.
>
> The docs mentions queueing is per client. I noticed by per
> client, it is meant as per subscriber client id and not per
> publisher client id.

How would a publisher have a queue that the broker would be
tracking? I guess in theory you could argue about the higher qos
pubrel/puback messages, for the "max inflight messages" count,
but that's vanishingly small and independent of payload.

And for a bridge, the limit is per bridge
> ( again the remote subscriber ). It would be helpful to future
> readers if that is made unambigous.

As before.

> Of lesser importance: The first message per subscriber client
> id is not dropped by broker even if it is above byte limits.
> This is not an issue and ignore if already known.

How could it be?