[mosquitto-dev] Disabling remote notifications about bridge state

Hi Roger,

As part of some work I've been helping out with I've been asked see
about fixing a couple of things with mosquitto.

The first to do with notification message for bridge connections.

When using mosquitto as a proxy for devices connecting to IBM IoTf
platform the bridge notifications cause mosquitto to be disconnected by
the IoTf broker. Normally I would just disable notifications, but in
this case it is helpful for the devices to be able to check the status
of the bridge.

I propose adding the `notifications_local_only` configuration option.
Setting this to true would not publish the notifications to the remote
end of the bridge, but still publish them locally. The option would
default to false.

This should address issue 233:

https://github.com/eclipse/mosquitto/issues/233

I have a prototyped the change in my branch of the code base here:

https://github.com/hardillb/mosquitto

If you could have a look and let me know your thoughts, if all is good I
can submit the pull request and sort out the CLA.

Thanks,

Ben

--
http://www.hardill.me.uk/wordpress