Re: [mosquitto-dev] Commercial Support for Mosquitto Broker

Hi Karl... We already had this conversación in this mailing list about a year ago (look for it in the list archive), jeje. I published everything I did, although It was not an empirical experimental. Basically: a combination of linux kernel tunning and a bit of hardware. I stopped after discovering that mosquitto is single-threaded and it does not take advantage of múltiple processors.

El 27/6/2016 15:30, "Karl Palsson" <karlp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

Manuel Domínguez Dorado  <manolodd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Some months ago I was testing and achieved hundreds of
> thousands clients... for sure more than 1024.

Care to elaborate? Claims like this have been made here and there
for years, but I've never seen anywhere near that number. What
host machine specs wwere you using? What was the keepalive time
on those clients? What was the average messages/sec/client
figures? What sort of mix of subscriber only, publisher only
clients did you have?

Sincerely,
Karl Palsson