Re: [mosquitto-dev] mosquitto v1.4 docker container complaingin about user "mosquitto

Was it running as root on your Linux machine? Maybe the process is trying to drop permissions?

Check it out with strace and see what happens.

You probably already know this, but the users inside your container are completely separate from the outside ones, so maybe this is something you'd need to add to your Dockerfile (useradd) to make it work.