Re: [mosquitto-dev] Win XP issues and questions.

Hi Neil,

You should be able to compile the library with Visual Studio - the broker will fail though. To do that, download cmake, run the GUI and point it the mosquitto source directory. As I remember it's then Configure, then Generate. You might have to click Configure twice. Unless you need DNS-srv support then uncheck WITH_SRV. Likewise threads support - if you want the library to be threaded, you'll need the pthreads win32 library. I don't have a link for that right now (sat in hospital next to a sleeping boy). Same thing for Openssl - Use Openssl-win32.

To compile the broker you will have to use cygwin. Download and install it, including the make, gcc, ssl library and dev files, and probably others as well... When you run the cygwin shell, cd to the mosquitto source directory (which would start with e.g. /cygdrive/c/... for a path on the C: drive) then just type "make". If you get errors, look at config.mk to disable features, or find the appropriate library to install.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Roger