[mosquitto-dev] Unable to load auth plugin in Ubuntu

Hi,

I have written a test auth plugin which uses the libcurl library to access remote server via https. The plugin (shared library) run fine on my Mac but having problem when running in a Ubuntu 14 (x64) box.

Mosquitto keeps saying, Unable to load auth plugin.

When I comment out the use of libcurl API, Mosquitto can load the auth plugin with no problem. I know it is not purely a Mosquitto related problem, but will I be able to get Mosquitto to output more information as to why it unable to the auth plugin when it uses libcurl in Ubuntu?

I have compile the auth plugin as shared library (as instructed) with '-lcurl' and copy the library to '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'

Also executed 'sudo ldconfig' to update the shared library cache.

Thanks.

Back to the top