Re: [mosquitto-dev] Upcoming Websockets support?

Hi Mike and Fabian,

Yes, the post by jpmens is correct. I'm still chasing some
intermittent problems so it's difficult to say when it's likely to be
released. The code is available for testing though - either use

hg clone https://bitbucket.org/oojah/mosquitto -r 1.4

or grab the latest snapshot:

https://bitbucket.org/oojah/mosquitto/get/1.4.zip

I'd be grateful for any feedback. You should compile with "make
WITH_WEBSOCKETS=yes"

Fabian - it does use libwebsockets but I'm going to be leaving
websockets disabled at compile time for this release so it is up to
package maintainers whether to enable it or not. I've been running
libwebsockets from git, so I'm not sure right now if the latest
released version works.

If you do give it a try, bear in mind that libwebsockets has a bug
that means the latest paho javascript client has problems:
https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets/issues/147

Generally I try to make all dependencies optional at compile time.
This isn't always possible (like libuv for version 1.5). I'll try to
put packaging notes to help in the changelog file.

Cheers,

Roger

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 5:04 PM, Fabian Affolter