From: Ian Skerrett <ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Subject: [iot-wg] Draft of Eclipse IoT Top-level Charter

All,

As discussed in our recent IoT Working Group meeting we are proposing
to create an Eclipse top-level project for our IoT community. This is
reflective of the success we have had to date creating a vibrant and
growing IoT community.

The process to create a top-level project is for the community to
first agree to a draft charter and then the Eclipse board of director
will approve the creation of the top-level project.  A draft of the
top-level charter has been created and now available for review
https://wiki.eclipse.org/IoT/M2MIWG/TLP_Charter_Draft  Please provide
your feedback before June 12.

We will also need to select leaders of the top-level Project
Management Committee (PMC). Kai Kreuzer and Jens Reimann have both
volunteered to act as co-leaders for the PMC. If anyone else would
like to be nominated please let me know.

Finally, each of the existing Eclipse IoT projects will be asked to
vote on their development list to move their project to the new
Eclipse IoT top-level project.

This is a great step forward for our IoT community.

Regards,

Ian

Ian Skerrett

VP Marketing