[mosquitto-dev] Problems subscribing to $ and #

Hi All,

I am seeing strange behavior when testing against the newest Mosquitto broker (v1.3.1). When I subscribe to the below topics, in this exact order:

$TEST/#
#

Messages published to any topic space (ex: test/it/now) are received as expected. However, messages published to $TEST/test are not received. If I reverse the order in which I subscribe:

#
$TEST/#

Messages published to $TEST/test are received, but I don't receive any other messages (ex: test/it/now). I have seen this behavior on my local build as well as on m2m.eclipse.org. I have tried the mosquitto_sub/pub clients as well as Paho. Let me know if I can provide more information to assist in debug.

Thanks,

--Dave

Back to the top