[mosquitto-dev] mosquitto client library cannot work on windows xp

Hi,
I'm using mosquitto c++ client library on windows xp. My IDE is visual studio .net 2003. But it seems that there's a problem about compatibility.
First , I installed mosquitto-1.2.3-install-cygwin.exe on my windows xp. Then I copied the "dev\" folder  and mosquitto.dll and mosquittopp.dll to my visual studio workspace.
I think the library was precompiled.
It's fine when I compile mosquitto_lib_init() function in my code. But when I run my project, there comes a message reads "The procedure entry point GetTickCount64 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll". It seems like a compatibility problem as windows xp has no function named GetTickCount64.
I've already tried the solution mentioned in http://blog.inventic.eu/2013/08/gettickcount64-problem-on-windowsxp/  , but it does not work either.
How can I solve this problem without changing my developing tools or my systems?
Looking forward to your reply!

Best regards,
Ray

--