Re: [mosquitto-dev] [paho-dev] Java MQTT broker

Hi Roger,

I might be misunderstanding your reservation, but I believe that the role for lead(s) in an Eclipse project is flexible, and can be viewed as much administrative as technical. I copy this description:

"Eclipse Projects are managed by one or more Project Leads. Project Leads are responsible for ensuring that their Project's Committers are following the Eclipse Development Process, and that the project is engaging in the right sorts of activities to develop vibrant communities of users, adopters, and contributor"

If we had n MQTT servers each in a different language in the Mosquitto project, I don't think we would necessarily want n project leads. The committer(s) for each server can be in charge of the technical development for it.

(Aside: personally I would be happy to help with a Java server too, time permitting.)

Ian