Re: [modeling-pmc] Guava/Guice update and version bump

Hi Christian,

those libraries are used by users, so those changes will be exposed to them. I haven't looked closely into what API has changed in those versions, but if they have bumped the major version, there might be something in it that breaks. I assume they follow semantic versioning, too.

That said, bumping Xtext's major version will be a huge problem for Eclipse clients, because older existing versions will not work with it. And because we have singleton plug-ins in every Eclipse installation there can be only one version of Xtext. We have discussed this for years. Bumping the major version is a bad idea.

Sven