Don't worry, no offense taken.  :-)

Cheers,
Ed

On 26.09.2017 09:54, GERARD Sebastien wrote:
Hi Ed,

I guess that on your turn you misinterpreted my email that was a real question (may be naiv) and for sure not a bad critic.

Best.
Sebastien.

Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.

-------- Message d'origine --------
De : Ed Merks <ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date : 26/09/2017 09:21 (GMT+01:00)
Objet : Re: [modeling-pmc] UML2 and Photon

Sebastien

I think you are misinterpreting  "require UML2's extended GenModel to take action" as synonymous with "the changes are bad."

Any change (good or bad) to the GenModel.ecore affects (at least potentially) UML's extended GenModel implementation.

  http://git.eclipse.org/c/emf/org.eclipse.emf.git/log/plugins/org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore/model/GenModel.ecore

Also any change to templates (good or bad) affects (at least potentially) UML's specialized templates:

  http://git.eclipse.org/c/emf/org.eclipse.emf.git/log/plugins/org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore/templates/model/Class.javajet

We can all be thankful (and I certainly am!)  that Itemis consistently sponsors my contributions and that Dennis Hübner of TypeFox does the Releng work on my behalf.

Note that lack of signing support for Buckminster builds will become a significant problem for someone, or perhaps everyone, when the foundation disables that service.

Regards,
Ed