Re: [modeling-pmc] Mattermost instance and "Eclipse Modeling" channel

Hi

Since it is an eclipse.org site, do we use our normal committer account details?

    Regards

        Ed Willink

On 22/01/2016 09:13, Cédric Brun wrote:
Hi,

We have a Mattermost[1] instance for Eclipse since quite a few weeks now (currently under test, to see if the community find it useful). For those who don't know what Mattermost is about, it provides discussion/chat with public or private channels. Think IRC through a nicely done web client, with bots, file sharing, rich formatting and support for GIF among other nice things ;).

What the community at large will do with it remains to be seen but for me it has been quite useful in getting in touch with fellow commiters and contributors which are not directly in the "modeling" community. 53 users are registered as I send this note.

I just wanted to let you know that you can reach an **Eclipse Modeling** channel through this url :
https://mattermost-test.eclipse.org/eclipse/channels/eclipse-modeling
(you might need to sign in if you didn't already. Note that the confirmation mail is quite easily get marked as SPAM ,you might want to check your specific folder if you've been waiting for several minutes with no email.)

This chan could be very useful for coordinating the different contributions and testing during the release train milestones, feel free to join if you care about any of that or if you see some other uses. BTW this channel is also "bridged" with the #eclipse-modeling channel on the Freenode IRC.

Let's see were this could bring us :)

Cheers,

Cédric

[1] http://www.mattermost.org/