Re: [modeling-pmc] [eclipse.org-architecture-council] CVS Wall of shame

The CBI has be quite usable for some time (I've been using elements of it for two years or so). The big effort that is currently underway is concerned with building the Eclipse Platform. This has some pretty unique challenges.

The CBI is basically a combination of Hudson, Maven, and Tycho. It's independent of any specific VCS technology, so you can get started right away. Experiences have been very positive with many people (myself included [1]) getting a full build in place in about 20 minutes.

There's lots of help on the Wiki [2] and CBI mailing list.

There's really no reason to wait for CBI; like I said: it's ready for most projects today.

Wayne

[1] http://waynebeaton.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/building-woolsey-with-maven-and-tycho/
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/CBI