Re: [modeling-pmc] Approval for Proposal "UML2 Profiles"

Miles,

in the scope section, we already have a statement regarding the accessibility of profiles via this repository. Bullet point 3 in the Scope section says:

3. To provide a central repository within the Eclipse MDT project to discover and install UML profile implementations.

However, I put the paragraph you suggested into the introduction in addition.

You wrote

> whether this is intended to be a hub for active development and outside contributor involvement or if it is instead a kind of clearing house for already created implementations

Given from what we discussed about this project in order to prepare the proposal, it is actually both. Some profiles have definitely to be developed from scratch and, in future, this can surely be done by contributors as well, although we are going to contribute a bunch of implementations when setting up the project. But at the same time, some already existing profiles (SysML and MARTE from Papyrus) will be cleaned up and henceforth hosted under the UML profiles repository.

Regarding maintenance, we stated in bullet point 2 of Scope section:

2. The project aims at maintaining each hosted profile’s lifecycle, so that an evolution of a profile within its standardizing authority (e.g. OMG) will be reflected as soon as possible within the repository to guarantee an up-to-date status of the provided profile implementation at any time

Since UML profiles usually evolve once a year and the EMF-based implementation usually not require that much maintenance or improvement (most stuff will be generated), we thought this should be sufficient.

So, any suggestion how to proceed with your latter statements?

Regards,

Marc-Florian