De : modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Mike Milinkovich
Envoyé : mardi 3 janvier 2012 19:38
À : 'PMC members mailing list'
Objet : Re: [modeling-pmc] [cross-project-issues-dev] Notifcation to let QVTO contribute to Juno

I agree with Ed's point that the idea of shipping a release train annually
is unlikely to change. At least not any time soon. Across the entire Eclipse
community we need to balance the requirements of highly innovative, rapidly
changing projects, and very stable, mostly "done" projects. Polarsys and
Long Term Support will add long term and very long term release support to
the mix, but I don't think that takes away the need for an annual release
train.

Where Polarsys could, perhaps, really help out is to provide the stable
source of funding for builds and maintenance that Ed mentions.

Best wishes to all for a great 2012!

taking
> care of / helping to organize the maintenance aspect (even if innovation
is
> not forgotten) of Open Source Components.
> > As said in the conversation, it is especially true for stable frameworks
like
> EMF, on which most if not all Eclipse modelling features are based, but
which
> does not always bring direct value to industrial users.
> >
> > Maybe also that releasing trains once (and three times with the Service
> Releases) a year is too frequent given the available means.
> >
> > ---
> > Pierre

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.

Back to the top