Re: [modeling-pmc] Restructuring of Xtext

Hi Ed,

On Dec 19, 2011, at 10:01 AM, Ed Willink wrote:
Presumably "tools.xtend" is just the project name; package and plugin names are unchanged.

No, the bundle and package names will be changed from 'org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2' to 'org.eclipse.xtend'
There is no API involved (besides the library).
For the library we'll provide the old bundle name in addition for backwards compatibility.
But it will be deprecated.

Presumably Xtext will depend on Xtend so downstream projects will just need to add the extra build dependency to their Hudson jobs.

This is not that straightforward.

Xtend the runtime and the IDE depends on Xtext.
But Xtext depends on Xtend's library.

But we'll do everything in +2, so this will be mostly transparent to downstream projects.

How much of ...xtext.xtend2... migrates to xtend?

/org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2
/org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2.bootstrapdoc
/org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2.doc
/org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2.lib
/org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2.m2e
/org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2.standalone
/org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2.standalone.tests
/org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2.tests
/org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2.ui
/org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2.ui.tests
/org.eclipse.xtend2.maven.plugin

How will the xtend.ui interdependency with xtext be handled? will there be a double update site as for MWE2 and OCL?

Could you please elaborate? I don't think I understand.

Sven

    Regards

        Ed Willink