[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [modeling-pmc] Jean Bezivin has stepped down from his Eclipse responsibilities
- From: Ed Merks <ed.merks@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 14:12:44 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:cc:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=j9rsFlQMZgKO+5CbXDBMacL22aVWMuSwGMoD+2/BQEo=; b=MNr5Hza1TS/1FnG4IZldRGkyMG6nRUtq0w0ZYUObcm4hwzrpOABrDsbhX6nbSFc557 AkZT8tBrtYVgvuNRxkxaQ1iVjHXwKfhknKbd4qfxHoZOtnYUPO834FuYFuQDxARKlZi8 UztJ7qzc1JdBT4jRS8ulu+kKL13Gxp/xXs9rI=
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20110929 Thunderbird/7.0.1
Excellent! So all we need to do is settle the UMLX issue and then we
can terminate GMT along with any of its remaining projects.
On 15/10/2011 12:14 PM, Dimitris Kolovos wrote:
Regarding Epsilon, we've already had a successful move review and all our CQs have been moved over to the new EMFT.Epsilon project. To complete the move we're only waiting for the webmaster to move the source code, web directory etc (see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=358216).
On 15 Oct 2011, at 07:34, Ed Merks wrote:
On 14/10/2011 10:25 PM, Wayne Beaton wrote:
Indeed. It's been a pleasure working with him over all these years.
Greetings Modeling PMC.
Jean Bezivin has asked me to retire him from his leadership positions
within Eclipse. I have removed Jean from the Modeling PMC and retired
him as PL for Open Model CourseWare (OMCW)  and GMT  projects.
I'll take this opportunity to thank Jean for his many contributions to
the Eclipse community. Thank you, Jean.
Yes, I think it's time to archive it.
With Jean Bezivin's retirement, the two projects have no project leads.
Can you please make it a priority to find suitable replacements? The
first order of business for new project leads will be to retire Jean's
committer status on the projects.
FWIW, OMCW appears dead, but I think that's because it's content is
entirely contained in the project website. There is no content in the
project's SVN repository. It seems like there is some valuable content
there, but I wonder if this is the right place for it? Does it, perhaps,
fit in the wiki? i.e. is it time to terminate/archive this project?
It's also time to terminate GMT. I believe Epsilon is the only active project left in there and they've been asked to move to EMFT so we should take the necessary steps to make that happen.
FWIW, there have been no changes in the OMCW project's website for more
than year; and only a handful (3 files) in the past two years.
modeling-pmc mailing list