Re: [modeling-pmc] Status of EMF Diagram tools

Yes, of course! :) I think what I'm wondering is -- sorry for my ignorance -- how are those tools related to the Papyrus EMF tools? I see from the project page that there is overlap between them. (And then how is that related to the UML2, SysML and other "M2" kind of modeling projects?) Are these all GMF based or is the Ecore tool more pure GEF like the other EcoreTools editors? And are there any other toolsets out there or planned that I might be missing? Basically, I'm looking for the best lever point that will serve the needs of the most toolsets and if I can find a good common denominator for presentation / view level stuff that would be great.I think that's going to need to be a little higher level than GEF, but I'd like to avoid deep dependencies on GMF Tooling and GMF Runtime if possible, just so that the basic approach will work easily with Graphiti and other GEF based tools while still working well with existing GMF-based tools. Ideally, the Mylyn tools would plug-in without having to specialize the target editors at all. Second best would be to provide a really simple extension model for Mylyn-aware editors.