[modeling-pmc] Status of EMF Diagram tools

I'm trying to get a sense for what diagram tools are most used for generic Ecore editing.. I'm one of those luddites who find the Ecore "example" tree editor perfectly usable :) but as we're trying to support the largest community we can with the current Mylyn EMF bridge effort, and I'd like to understand where things are in terms of what is state of the art, what is being supported and pushed forward, etc.. and what if any efforts have been merged, split, etc..  It's of course quite possible that we'll be able to support many or all of the tools, but we want to have a solution that benefits the maximum # of users possible. I'm really only interested in tools used to *edit* Ecore models themselves at this point, though feedback on more generic aspects would be useful as well. In particular is there one underlying technology that should be supported? I realize that these sorts of questions can make people uncomfortable -- none of us like to say "my tool is better than x" -- so info like "I use x and it works well for.." would be helpful. And while I think Eclipse related discussions should be public as a rule, if you want to share any project information that it wouldn't be helpful to discuss on a public mailing list feel free to email me directly.

cheers,

Miles

Back to the top