Re: [modeling-pmc] [SPAM PROBABLE]Modeling project ramp down policy and unit tests

Guys,

As Kenn says, this is mostly and issue communication about changes that might affect clients.  My assumption would be that things like tests aren't actually part of the distributed release and that no one else depends on them outside of the project.  Improving the tests at the end of the cycle would seem like a very good thing.  I'm not sure I see any reason why changes to unit tests would require significant scrutiny by anyone outside of the project...

Cheers,
Ed

Kenn Hussey wrote:
All changes after RC1 must adhere to the ramp-down policy, i.e., they must receive the appropriate amount of review.

In theory, projects should only be fixing high priority issues during the release candidate phase, and the addition of new unit tests is most likely not "high priority". In practice, however, changes to non-functional areas of the code are probably fine, provided they are reviewed. The main idea behind the ramp-down policy is to communicate so that unintended breakages, especially where inter-project dependencies exist, don't occur.

Kenn