[modeling-pmc] Re: Epsilon GMT component migration

Dimitris,

You just need to follow this documented process:
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/development_process.php#6_3_7_Move_Review
It says you need the PMC's approval, so I've CC'd the Modeling PMC mailing list to give anyone an opportunity to object; I can't imagine anyone will.  Obviously I'm giving it a +1.  Let me know how I can help with the rest of the process and you progress.

Cheers,
Ed

Dimitris Kolovos wrote:
Ed,

Thanks! Please let us know when you have any news on the move review.

Cheers,
Dimitris

Ed Merks wrote:

Dimitris,

I think moving the project requires a Move Review which I think is
similar to a Release Review; I've never done a Move review, so I'm not
exactly sure of the details.  I'll try to find out what's involved when
I'm back in Toronto next week.

Keeping your nice website intact should definitely be one of the goals.
It would be nice to improve what we have for the existing projects...

Cheers,
Ed

Dimitris Kolovos wrote:

Hi Ed,

That's great news! How should we go about migrating the SVN/website? Do
we need to contact the webmasters to get our accounts updated so that we
can create folders under the EMFT SVN folder/EMFT web CVS folder or will
there be a batch request for all GMT components that will migrate under
EMFT?

On a related note, I've noticed that EMFT has one website for all its
components (i.e.
http://eclipse.org/modeling/emft/?project=ecoretools#ecoretools) but if
possible we'd like to keep our existing site structure - as we've
invested much effort in it - and just move it over under modeling/emft/
(i.e. www.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/epsilon/). Do you think that should
be possible?

Regarding Emfatic, we'll discuss this internally next week when I'm back
in York and will get back to you.

Cheers,
Dimitris

Ed Merks wrote:

Dimitris,

Of course, I've noticed the newsgroup is very active so I'd be happy to
host Epsilon as an EMFT project.  We're trying to keep the number of
direct subprojects relatively small...

I noticed the mention of Emfatic in your newsgroup.  That's a project
we're considering terminating due to inactivity.  I wonder if you'd want
to be active on that project?

Cheers,
Ed

Dimitris Kolovos wrote:

Dear Ed, Kenn, Jean and Hugo,

We've been informed by Jean about the intention of the EMP to shut down
GMT and have been asked to choose between the following options: move
Epsilon elsewhere under Eclipse.org or archive the project.

As Epsilon is a particularly active project (incidentally, a couple of
days ago the 1000th message was posted to the Epsilon forum
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=22, and, for
whatever it's worth, statcounter.com indicates that in 2009 the Epsilon
website had around 14800 unique and 4300 returning visitors) we don't
believe that it should be archived.

Would it make sense to move Epsilon under EMFT or even directly under
the top-level modelling project? Any other thoughts on alternative
migration options for Epsilon within Eclipse.org would be highly
appreciated.

Best regards,
Dimitris Kolovos
Epsilon GMT committer

P.S. I've CC'ed Louis Rose (who is also a committer in Epsilon) and
Richard Paige who leads our research group.

Back to the top