Re: [modeling-pmc] Fw: Is M2M/Operational QVT incubating?

Hi all,

I am afraid that Declarative QVT is still in incubation.
The huge need of this project in specification make its API still fluctuating.

Regards,

Quentin

Anthony Hunter a écrit :

Hi Team,

FYI. M2M itself (not the components of M2M, just M2M) needs a Graduation Review

Cheers...
Anthony
--
Anthony Hunter mailto:anthonyh@xxxxxxxxxx
Software Development Manager: Eclipse Open Source Components

----- Forwarded by Anthony Hunter/Ottawa/IBM on 01/21/2009 10:31 PM -----

Anne Jacko <emo@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Anthony Hunter/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

01/21/2009 09:29 PM

Re: Is M2M/Operational QVT incubating?

Hi Anthony,

M2M Operational QVT did graduate last year with the Ganymede release. And I just looked in our database and see that all the components of M2M are out of incubation. However, the process we currently use for taking projects out of incubation is a Graduation Review. M2M itself (not the components of M2M, just M2M) has never had a Graduation Review -- so it's never been marked as being out of incubation.

For the M2M project, is all the code in the components, so now that the components have graduated, M2M should graduate as well? If this is the case, let me know, and I'll find out if there is anything else that needs to happen before its status can be updated. It could be that we have simply not considered this particular situation when designing our EMO processes (components are relatively new), and we need to update our processes to accommodate this type of project structure. Thanks.

Anne Jacko
emo@xxxxxxxxxxx