[modeling-pmc] Use JARs Exemption for EMF Query

Hello, my PMC,

Pursuivant to today's PC call, it is understood that the "Use JARs" requirement does include the adoption of individual source bundles. This is great.

As I indicated in comment #1 on http://bugs.eclipse.org/253834, the EMF Query component is not in a good position to do this and would like to request an exemption. This component has not had a build since its Ganymede GA build (1.2.0) and, barring contribution of any enhancements or bug fixes, appears likely to contribute the identical build to Galileo. As individual source bundles do not constitute a functional change and are an SDK concern only, I don't think that EMF Query should push a new build to consumers that already have the 1.2.0 release just to give them source bundles.

If, however, a contribution fairy does come along that pushes EMF Query into the Galileo (1.3) development stream, I'll be happy to retrofit it for source bundles at that time.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks,

Christian

--
Christian W. Damus
Senior Software Developer, Zeligsoft Inc.

Back to the top