Re: [modeling-pmc] RE: [mdt.dev] RE: Termination Review for MDT EODM

+1

It was actually pretty funny, no sooner did I submit a research paper with a footnote pointing to the EODM project, did I get the e-mail about the termination review. :-)

It would be nice if the URLs redirected to a page that said the project has been archived, the source is here and the final builds are there.

Cheers,
Ian

Nick Boldt wrote:
So the download page will be updated to say "this project has been archived, see archived builds below?"

What about the update sites? Release notes? Search CVS commit data?

Or should we create a new folder on the website, /modeling/archives/, and put all the dead projects there? If so, any old links (home, downloads, release notes) for EODM could bounce to that "project" and its "components." This has precedent in that we've done many moves from EMFT into EMF; this would be a similar "move."

I've seen other projects get terminated and vanish into the ether; I'd like to think we can do better than that in Modeling.

Thoughts?

Nick