Re: [modeling-pmc] Re: [m2t-dev] Xpand OCL component proposal (code migration)

Hi Rich,

On 27.08.2008, at 13:10, Richard Gronback wrote:

Hi Peter,

I'd say the single most visible element a company has to promote itself as contributing to Eclipse is its email address. You and Karsten are the only ones I can find in Bugzilla that use an @itemis.de address. Not to say that all of the committers from a company must use the company address, just that it's in the company's interest to do so if they want the contributions they
fund to be associated with the company.

Ok, thanks for the tip. I guess most people who do not use the company address just didn't know about that or were just lazy. I'll ask the other itemis committers to update their records accordingly.

Also, and this may just be me, I still see a lot of openArchitectureWare references and activity that doesn't make it clear who is who and what is
what.  This goes back to old conversations about the identity of these
projects and those who contribute to them. I think it just adds confusion
(and the last thing we need in the Eclipse Modeling Project is more
confusion ;).

I guess this is mainly due to the fact that openArchitectureWare is such a strong brand and people are used to calling this very set of technologies "openArchitectureWare". We're doing our best to promote the name "Eclipse Modeling" by various means: all our recent presentations prominently feature the Eclipse Modeling Logo and the itemis marketing material also features the EMP logo and colors, for example. However, we need to make sure to not lose our current user base, that's why we sometimes use the term "openArchitectureWare". Rest assured that it is our goal to establish and promote the EMP brand.

Regarding the Portal, I see 5 committers listed under itemis AG, while as a Strategic Developer there should be at least 8. If there are more, I'd
suggest contacting Bjorn to have it corrected.

We'll check that as well.

Thanks again!

Peter

Back to the top