[modeling-pmc] RE: IP issues with MOFScript

Jon:

#2 Regarding release reviews, here is the definitive document:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/release-review.php

They are required for "each major release". In my experience, this means anything other than a bug-fix release. As an example, the Europa Fall Maintenance Release did not have a release review, as the release included only bug fixes.

#3 Regarding ANTLR, take a look at:

http://www.eclipse.org/legal/committerguidelines.php

Especially, the Third Party Content section. I think that even though the foundation has approved ANTLR 3, you still need PMC approval, and then EMO sanction.

#4 Great! The org.modelware domain on the JAR is perhaps a problem. Ask the EMO.

Paul

Paul Elder
IBM Rational Software
Tel: +1-613-599-3916
E-mail: pelder@xxxxxxxxxx

Oldevik Jon <Jon.Oldevik@xxxxxxxxx>

Paul Elder/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA, "Olsen Gøran K." <Goran.K.Olsen@xxxxxxxxx>
cc
janet.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxx, PMC members mailing list <modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
RE: IP issues with MOFScript

I understand that there are several IP issues with the MOFScript code. They should not be too hard to resolve though. If we need to remove the MOFScript source in the meantime, we should do that. What about the binary downloads? Will they also have to be removed?

Concerning the problems/potential problems mentioned below:

1. Changing the namespace should be a minor problem and quickly to resolve.
2. Release reviews of MOFScript - is this needed before any source update/release?
3. Antlr 2 dependency approval: We will try to re-implement using antlr 3, so this approval will be superfluous.
4. The third party jar is in fact not a third party jar, but made as part of MOFScript....

Jon Oldevik
Research Scientist
SINTEF ICT
Oslo, Norway