[modeling-pmc] IP issues with MOFScript

Jon & Goran:

In our conversation last week, I indicated that there were possible IP problems with the MOFScript code. I have since confirmed these with Janet Campbell of the foundation.

Until they are resolved, the appropriate course of action is to remove the MOFScript source from the Eclipse CVS repository.

Confirmed problems:

1. Plug-ins, Features, and code use the org.sintef namespace. They should use the org.eclipse namespace.
2. MOFScript releases have been published on Eclipse.org without doing a Release Review with the Eclise Foundation. See http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/ip-process-in-cartoons.php
3. The prerequisite on ANTLR 2.x needs approval by the PMC and the foundation. See: http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/Eclipse_Policy_and_Procedure_for_3rd_Party_Dependencies_Final.pdf. Note that ANTLR 2.x is not approproved for distribution by the foundation, but that ANTLR 3 (runtime) is.

Possible problems:

4. I can find no evidence that the third party JAR org.modelware.modelbus.adapter.frm.jar must be reviewed and approved by the Eclipse foundation. If you do not have documentation from the foundation approving this content, then it must be removed from CVS, and a IP request (CQ) must be submitted via IPZilla.

Note that all these issues must be addressed, regardless of whether a MOFScript move request is made.

Paul Elder
M2T Project Lead
IBM Rational Software
Tel: +1-613-599-3916