Re: [emft-dev] Re: [modeling-pmc] EMFT "Project" Compare 0.7.0 release without a Release Review?

Some questions for the sake of clarification:

a) where are the rules for the various review types posted?

b) is it OK to release, er, publish an R build as long as it's not
called a "release", but rather a "final" build? The release notes
generation assumes there will be R builds to mark points in time.
Without them, we don't have those markers, so having an S build called
0.7.0 won't work to delineate those bugs from 0.7.1; instead, they'll
all be in one HEAD or R0_7_maintenance "bucket", so to speak. I'm okay
with that but it will look different from other components who have R
builds.

c) Will EMFT start having cross-component release reviews like EMF and
MDT do? Or will we continue to have the 'each component runs its own
show and releases on its own schedule' approach we've had until now
(exceptions being OCL, QTV because they were in Callisto) ? IMHO, the
combined release would be good for enforcing regular build activity
and milestones, plus making component owners accountable to a posted
schedule. This has the extra benefit that it shows component maturity
and its consumers know when to expect final builds. Win-win.

At any rate, whatever we decide should be posted in the wiki [1] for reference.

[1]http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMFT

Nick