Re: [modeling-pmc] OMG Co-operation Opportunity

Mike,

Sounds like a good opportunity to meet.

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

             "Mike
             Milinkovich"
             <mike.milinkovich                                          To
             @eclipse.org>             "'Modeling PMC'"
             Sent by:                  <modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'STP
             modeling-pmc-boun         PMC list'" <stp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             ces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                            cc
                                       Donald Smith
                                       <donald.smith@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian
             08/21/2007 03:54          Skerrett
             PM                        <ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ralph
                                       Mueller <ralph.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         [modeling-pmc] OMG Co-operation
             mike.milinkovich@         Opportunity
               eclipse.org;
             Please respond to
                PMC members
               mailing list
             <modeling-pmc@ecl
                 ipse.org>

PMC Members,

I received an email from Richard Soley at OMG informing us that the OMG
will be holding technical meetings (including SOA Consortium) meetings in
Ottawa on June 23-27, 2008. I realize that is a long time from now, but
some things do take quite a while to plan.

As I am sure you aware, Ottawa is where Eclipse HQ is located J

Richard was looking for opportunities for collaboration between Eclipse and
OMG. It sure seems like a good idea to us, but your respective projects are
the technical focal areas, so we would need your support. The possibilities
could include an ?open standards & open source? day,  working group
meetings around Eclipse implementations of OMG standards (UML, MOF, BPMN),
etc.

Comments? Thoughts?

Mike Milinkovich
Executive Director