[modeling-pmc] Re: nominations and elections

Modeling PMC,
I was looking through some recent nominations and elections for Modeling projects and I saw a number of nominations that include bugzilla queries rather than concrete lists of bugs fixed.  For example:

- as a newsgroup active member:
http://www.eclipse.org/search/search.cgi?q=mikael+barbero&cmd=Search%21&for
m=extended&wf=574a74&ps=10&m=all&t=5&ul=%2Fnewslists%2Fnews.eclipse.modelin
g.m2m&wm=wrd&t=News&t=Mail

- as a bug reporter on GMT/ATL:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relev
ance+desc&bug_status=__all__&product=GMT&content=mikael+barbero

While I understand that these queries take less time to type in, they also do not provide the frozen-in-time snapshot for the larger Eclipse community that nominations are really supposed to provide. Consider a new Eclipse member, a new potential contributor, who joins Eclipse next January: this person will look back through the project's mailing list archives to see "does this project have good committers? what does it take to become a committer?". If they click on those query links in January, they will get a different picture of what it takes to be elected a committer than if they click on those links today - n'est pas?  That is why we nominations should include fixed urls rather than queries.

I hope that the Modeling PMC will support, encourage, and enforce this in the future - thanks.

- Bjorn

Back to the top