Re: [modeling-pmc] MDT (EODM, UML2 Tools) Graduation

Rich,

I believe the only restriction is that a major version number (i.e. anything before the first dot) cannot be used if still in incubation. We chose "2.0" for EODM because the API, and specification version that it conforms to, is quite different from the previous release.

Cheers,

Kenn Hussey

Senior Software Developer
Rational Software, IBM Software Group

770 Palladium Drive
Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1C8

T: (613) 599-3980  F: (613) 599-3912

Richard Gronback <richard.gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/07/2007 08:51 AM

Please respond to
PMC members mailing list <modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
Re: [modeling-pmc] MDT (EODM, UML2 Tools) Graduation

Hi Kenn,

I guess I missed part of this conversation and outcome along the way, but how can EODM be using the 2.0 release number if it’s not yet out of incubation?  Shouldn’t they both be graduating and releasing a 1.0 version?

Thanks,
Rich