[modeling-pmc] Fw: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Callisto Mega Release Review

Gordon,

Since this will also be your incubation exit review, you need to do present information to convince folks that you're ready to exit incubation as described here:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/validation-phase.php

With the other EMFT components, we had an internal review with the folks on the model-pmc before we went ahead and asked the EMO for a full public review.

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

----- Forwarded by Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM on 06/23/2006 06:17 AM -----
Guo Tong Xie/China/IBM@IBMCN

06/23/2006 03:41 AM

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA@IBMAU
cc
Lei L Zhang/China/IBM@IBMCN, Yue Pan/China/IBM@IBMCN
Subject
Re: Fw: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Callisto Mega Release ReviewLink

Ed,

How are you? Hope everything is going well. Now we want to complete release review of EODM and some draft review slides are prepared by Lei Zhang. We'd like to get your instruction on how to proceed. Thanks.

Regards,

Guo Tong (Gordon) Xie (谢国彤)
Manager, Semantic Integration
IBM China Research Lab
Email: xieguot@xxxxxxxxxx
Notes ID: Guo Tong Xie/China/IBM@IBMCN
Tel: 86-10-58748425  Tieline: 905-8425
Fax: 86-10-58748330
Website: http://iki.crl.ibm.com/st
Add.: Building 19 Zhongguancun Software Park, 8 Dongbeiwang WestRoad, Haidian District, Beijing,P.R.C.100094

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

2006-05-16 01:27

Frederic Plante/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA, Vishwanath Ramaswamy/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA, Paul Elder/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA, Christian Damus/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA, Chris McGee/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
cc
Dave Steinberg/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, John Duimovich/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA, Guo Tong Xie/China/IBM@IBMCN
Subject
Fw: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Callisto Mega Release Review

Guys,

I assume that all the EMFT components that are part of Callisto, i.e., OCL, Validation, Query, and Transaction, will do their own thing.   JET will need to do a release review as well, and we should ensure this is done well ahead of the GA so that IES can claim to have a released version that has passed its release review.   Same goes for EODM, but since that's not part of IES, Gordon can set his own deadline; just be sure you don't claim to have a released version until you've completed your release review.

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

----- Forwarded by Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM on 05/15/2006 01:22 PM -----
John Duimovich/Ottawa/IBM

05/15/2006 12:07 PM

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, Kenneth Hussey/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA, Doug Schaefer <DSchaefer@xxxxxxx>, Gili Mendel <gmendel@xxxxxxxxxx>, Steven Shaw/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
cc
Subject
Fw: [eclipse.org-planning-council] Callisto Mega Release Review

Tools project leaders,

Sorry about this if this is a repeat but as a reminder, as per the Eclipse dev process... release reviews are being for all calisto releases.

Bjorn wants the review slides by Friday...

Template for RR is here.

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/callisto-files/Callisto%20Release%20Review%20template.ppt

in case you forget who does what :) here are the assuptions I'm making about who is responsible for making sure the decks are done.

CDT - Doug
EMF, XSD -Ed
UML2 - Kenn
GEF - Steve
VE - Gili

If I have the names wrong and someone else is doing the charts or if you need any help with the process let me know,

John

----- Forwarded by John Duimovich/Ottawa/IBM on 05/15/2006 11:20 AM -----
Bjorn Freeman-Benson <emo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-planning-council-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/13/2006 02:56 PM

Please respond to
"eclipse.org-planning-council"

"eclipse.org-planning-council" <eclipse.org-planning-council@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse.org-planning-council] Callisto Mega Release Review

Callisto People,
A reminder that the Callisto Release Review slides are due (to
emo@xxxxxxxxxxx) by next Friday, May 19th.

A couple people have noted that the template I sent around is much smaller than the Release Review checklist in the development process (see
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/release-review.php). You are each still expected to be able to answer all the questions in the Release Review checklist and it would probably behoove you to prepare a slide deck with all those answers - the same way we have done for previous individual release reviews. In fact, I strongly recommend that you do (probably should have *required* that you do, but it's too late for me to change the rules now). After you've got that slide deck prepared, please make it available on your project website and put the URL to it in the three or four slides you are sending me for the mega Release Review.  Thanks.

--
Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Director, Open Source Process