RE: [modeling-pmc] Grouping on front page

Right, it looks like a TM symbol in the editor.  I've removed it, thanks.

- Rich

From: modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kenneth Hussey
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 12:24 AM
To: PMC members mailing list
Subject: RE: [modeling-pmc] Grouping on front page

I believe MDDi is MDA-oriented and GMT is related to QVT, and as such I think they should stay on the standards side of things (at the very least this will be consistent with the charter). I also noticed an 'a' superscript on UML... was this intended to be a trademark symbol?

Cheers,

Kenn Hussey

Eclipse UML2 Project Lead
Rational Software, IBM Software Group

770 Palladium Drive
Kanata, Ontario, K2V 1C8

T: (613) 599-3980  F: (613) 599-3912

Frederic Plante/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/11/2006 05:18 PM

Please respond to
PMC members mailing list

cc
Subject
RE: [modeling-pmc] Grouping on front page

I agree with you that the charter does not dictate the website layout, dividing along the "Industry Standards" versus "Infrastructure" as you suggest seems like a good compromise.

I see no issue with MDDi and GMT on the infrastructure side.

The reason JET is not grouped with MOF2Text in the charter is because the former is not about an industry standard while the latter is.

   Thanks

      - Fred

_________________________________
Frédéric Plante
Rational Software, IBM Software Group

"Richard Gronback" <Richard.Gronback@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/11/2006 04:56 PM

Please respond to
PMC members mailing list

cc
Subject
RE: [modeling-pmc] Grouping on front page

Well, I'm reluctant to add that diagram to the website until all of its projects are real (or at least proposed).  Plus, I don't think the charter is intended to dictate the layout/organization of a website, as it may be best to provide alternative categorizations/navigation (3D would be nice ;-).

One thing I noticed earlier regarding the diagram is that it has JET in the wrong location.  It should be with MOF2Text in model transformation.  Plus, I'm not sure what "Industry Standards" are used in MDDi and GMT?

So, how about what's posted now?  Another option is to simply combine "Infrastructure" and "Technology and Research Projects" into just "Infrastructure".  As it is, we have projects listed that are actually components of other projects.  So, there will need to be a lot of process steps to get us to where this page indicates we are at already.

- Rich

Re: [modeling-pmc] Grouping on front page

Yep, that would be enough. We could even add the charter's diagram as well, quick and cheap way to add graphical content to our site until we add a GMF Component diagram ! :-)

  Thanks

     - Fred

_________________________________
Frédéric Plante
Rational Software, IBM Software Group

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/11/2006 04:28 PM

Please respond to
PMC members mailing list

cc
Subject
Re: [modeling-pmc] Grouping on front page

Fred,

Perhaps if we had two main groups like the two groups in the charter diagram, with the bottom group first, and then had subgroups within that just like in the charter, that might be good.  Is that what you had in mind?

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

Frederic Plante/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: modeling-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/11/2006 04:16 PM

Please respond to
PMC members mailing list

modeling-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[modeling-pmc] Grouping on front page

Rich, Ed, Kenn,

I noticed we started adding content to our main web page by grouping projects (BTW thanks Rich). As we experienced in our Ottawa meeting, the projects can be split in many different ways, each with their own pros and cons. Given we already agreed on the charter to a particular split, mainly around standards versus infrastructure, I would like to suggest we just follow the charter to avoid having that discussion again. :-)

Thanks

   - Fred