Re: [emft-dev] [modeling-dev] Defining operations in metamodels

Andreza,

Please use the newsgroup/forum for asking questions not the developer mailing lists and avoid cross posting.

Operations define the signature for behaviors/methods that instances are expected to support.   Typically there will be a description of what the operation is supposed to do.

Andreza Vieira wrote:
Hello everybody,

I have been analysing some metamodels (OMG metamodels, for example) and I noted that some metaclasses define operations. I need to understand what is the importance of using operations in metamodels, why and when I have to define an operation in a metamodel.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks.

[]'s

--