Re: [mobile-iwg] RE: Public comments on a combined MTJ/TML project

I'm very interested in seeing where this is heading.  Unfortunately, I have a conflicting call on Monday and won't be able to attend this call.  I will look forward to the meeting minutes and comment from there.  I will also try to take some time to look more closely at your initial PDF file, although I didn't notice anything specified in my first pass through.

On 7/22/09 11:00 AM, CLONINGER ERIC-DCP874 wrote:
Hello all,
Apologies for the delay. Last week was pretty full for my team and I wanted to make sure I had the details right before sending this presentation out.
One comment I got back internally and I want to make sure is understood: after this review, MTJ still exists as it does today--providing tools and frameworks for Java ME.

Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 3:16 PM
To: 'dsdp-mtj-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'; 'dsdp-tml-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Cc: 'DSDP PMC list'; 'Mobile Industry Working Group'
Subject: Public comments on a combined MTJ/TML project

For some time, the DSDP PMC have discussed combining parts of the Tools for Mobile Linux and Mobile Tools for Java projects into one project that is focused on the needs of all mobile developers, regardless of language or platform. Two weeks from today, at 1800 UTC (14:00 Brazil, 12:00 CT, 10:00 PT), we will have a phone meeting to take feedback from consumers of MTJ, TmL, and Pulsar. Please mark this time in your calendars if you have a dependency on these projects.  The agenda for this project will be posted on the TmL bi-weekly meetings page at http://wiki.eclipse.org/DSDP/TML/Agenda09Jul27.
I am creating a presentation for public review and hope to have it ready by the end of this week. When the presentation is available, I will make another announcement on these mailing lists.

Eric Cloninger

Sr. Product Manager, MOTODEV Studio

Eclipse DSDP/TmL Project Lead