RE: [mobile-iwg] Usage statistics

Sounds like a good idea, atleast as a first step to get information on the number of people downloading the SDK.

Thanks,

Tomas

From: mobile-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mobile-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eric Hildum
Sent: torsdag den 4 juni 2009 18:07
To: Mobile Industry Working Group
Subject: Re: [mobile-iwg] Usage statistics

We have looked into this a bit. What we are considering is using the web server logs to track downloads of the SDK. Note that this is not precisely usage, but should give some idea of interest in the SDK. A slightly better approach will be available for SDKs in the form of Eclipse plug-ins; in this case, the Eclipse updates will give an idea of how many people actually have the SDK installed and are updating it. Again, not quite usage, but a better number than raw downloads.