[mobile-iwg] Can't install eRCP feature

I also found the following on the console:

osgi> May 28, 2009 8:43:53 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector e
xecuteWithRetry
INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: C
onnection reset by peer: connect
May 28, 2009 8:43:53 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector execute
WithRetry
INFO: Retrying request
May 28, 2009 8:44:14 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector execute
WithRetry
INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: C
onnection reset by peer: connect
May 28, 2009 8:44:14 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector execute
WithRetry
INFO: Retrying request
May 28, 2009 8:44:35 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector execute
WithRetry
INFO: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: C
onnection reset by peer: connect
May 28, 2009 8:44:35 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector execute
WithRetry
INFO: Retrying request

----- Forwarded by Mark Rogalski/Austin/IBM on 05/28/2009 08:55 AM -----
Mark Rogalski/Austin/IBM

05/28/2009 08:49 AM

"Paula Gustavo-WGP010" <wgp010@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: RES: RES: [mobile-iwg] Location of current Pulsar buildLink

Thanks for reply. I installed the 2 pulsar RC2 plugins into the Pulsar RC1 full build (and removed the old Pulsar plugins).
Tried installing eRCP SDK feature. The installed failed with following error:

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
  session context was:(profile="" phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action="">
  No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.ercp.doc.isv,1.0.0
  No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.eclipse.ercp.sdk.feature,1.2.1.200905271504
  No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.ercp.sdk.runtime,1.2.1.200905271504

The update site has not changed since the last successful install that I mentioned below.

"Paula Gustavo-WGP010" <wgp010@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

05/28/2009 08:28 AM

<Gorkem.Ercan@xxxxxxxxx>, Mark Rogalski/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc
"Mobile Industry Working Group" <mobile-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
RES: RES: [mobile-iwg] Location of current Pulsar build

Hi mark (I’m coping pulsar list since some one might have similar issues),

RC1 does not include support to installing features / plugins. This is available on RC2 that was generated yesterday (http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/mtj/downloads/drops/S-1.0RC2-200905271344/).

Pulsar SDK view does not control what is presented on the UI. That comes from the content.xml file. If eRCP will use features / plugins to distribute their SDK, my suggestion is that you add the org.eclipse.pulsar.type with the value “osgi-bundle” (mandatory) only on the “main” feature group that you want to install. In that way only this feature will be presented on the UI. After that everything is suppose to be downloaded with all the dependencies. You can also set a category to be presented on the UI. I sent an email last week with a description of how to do it.

If you have some problem, please let me know.

gep