Re: [mobile-iwg] Status of Pulsar Eclipse Galileo package

Hi David,

Thanks for the explanation - this is actually looking better than my "worst case" assumption I had.

One more question: When you talk about "install a selected SDK", can you explain this process?

- Are you assuming a "standard HTTP" style password protection of the P2 repository? (HTTP Basic or Digest authentication over HTTP or HTTPS) - Is the IDE using P2 authentication dialogs, or were you able to replace those?

further more:
What is the packaging format of the "SDK"?
- is the SDK contained in an executable format? (which host Operating Systems does your plugin support) - after the SDK is downloaded and installed, do you use the new "MTJ device registration" APIs?
-- How will Eclipse know the path of the SDK?
-- Do you assume UEI compliance.

- Would this technically also support an SDK like RIM, which is currently distributed as a set of multiple Eclipse Plugins (and not a stand alone UEI executable)

Thanks again!

-Christian

David.Dubrow@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi Christian,

I just wanted to clarify the status of the “quick install view.” You are correct that there is not enough time to implement the full visually appealing version shown in the use case discussion wiki page, however, I am planning a pulsar specific view that will unfortunately be a lot more utilitarian and less flashy given the amount of time I have to implement it.

    * It will be an eclipse view with a table tree showing
      repositories, optional categories and sdks in a multiple root
      tree in one column and sdks’ installed status on the other column.
    * Top-level nodes denoting sdk repositories will be able to have
      icons but they need to be limited to 16x16 so they look
      reasonable in a tree view.
    * Since only install is supported, there will be one view action
      (toolbar and menu) to install a selected sdk.
    * Sdks will show installed status, but will not be prevented from
      being installed multiple times because we are not supporting nor
      tracking uninstalling in this release due to lack of development
      time.
    * The view’s install action will open a standard p2 install wizard
      with support for EULA acceptance if the EULA is provided with
      the metadata.

--David