Re: [mobile-iwg] Sony Ericsson Java SDK plans

Thomas,

Out of interest, what do you mean when you say "which is based on NetBeans"?  Have they moved away from the Swing-based implementation toward using more of NetBeans?  Does that make it significantly more "heavy"?

Craig

Westling, Thomas wrote:
Hi,

currently, the Sony Ericsson Java SDK is based on the SUN wtk 2.5.0.3,
which is also true for some of the other mobile handset vendors.
In the next release of the Sony Ericsson Java SDK, we will use SUN Java ME SDK 3,
but with a different approach than today.

Today, we add skins and some functionality to the SDK
and label it Sony Ericsson SDK. With the new SDK, we will point the users to
download SUN's SDK, and from within that application ( which is based on NetBeans ),
the users will download specific Sony Ericsson functionality through "device adapters".

Are there any plans from the other handset vendors on using SUN's new SDK?

The starting page shown on page 8 in the MADK presentation where a user can download and upgrade
all the different vendors SDK's should still be doable, for the Sony Ericsson SDK we would link
to a download of SUN's SDK, and from within that, the Sony Ericsson device adapter would be downloaded.

Thoughts on this?

Best regards,

Tomas Westling
Team lead Eclipse team