Re: [mmt-dev] EmfUtil: content-type computation

Hi

There are many things about EMF resources that are not dealt with perfectly, particularly in standalone contexts and so many 'helpful' contributions exist that bypass the true problems.

EmfUtil.createResource(uri,outResourceSet) appears to try to be help by providing some rescue heuristics in case resourceSet.createResource(URI) returns null.

Rather than rescue heuristics it is better to tackle the original problem, which as discussed on the EMF thread is to use an EPackage to content-type mapping to enable createResource(URI, content-type) to create an EPackage-relevant resource.

The deduction of an EPackage from an outResourceSet is not necessarily trivial so the lack of content-type support is probably earlier where the meta-model EPackage is known.

    Regards

        Ed Willink