[mmt-dev] ATL downloads cleanup

Hi William

I was waiting for your RC3 before cleaning up the obsolete downloads/modeling/m2m but there seems to be no ATL RC3, so I've tried cleaning up anyway.

I moved the missing ATL RC1 from modeling/m2m to mmt.

Rather than delete outright, I moved downloads/modeling/m2m/atl to /home/data/httpd/archive.eclipse.org/mmt/atl but ran into permission errors on the delete so half the deletes failed.

The overall size is huge: 1.2G was copied, of which 0.5G was not deleted.

I see no point keeping milestones and release candidates for previous releases, and little point in more than a couple of milestones plus release candidates for the current release.

I see little point keeping more than the final service release for the last couple of historic builds.

So on downloads, it is worth trimming to 3.3.0RC2, 3.3.0RC1, 3.2.1, 3.1.1

and on archive 3.2.0, 3.1.0, 3.0.*, 2.*, 1.*.

Please try to keep N-builds and I-builds under control.

My move saved 0.7G. Using your permissions you can save another 0.5G from m2m/atl. Tidying up mmt/atl may save another 0.8G. Tidying up the archive should trim it by at least 0.5G as well.

All in all, ATL should be able to add 2 G to the 55 G saved by other projects. Rather a large number for a project with quite modest download size.

I'll investigate why the archives do not show up on the Downloads page in the same way as e.g. MDT/OCL; may be I just need to wait for a slow cache refresh.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top