[mmt-dev] Changes for M2M to MMT transition

Hi

I've now got the requisite write access for MMT CVS and set up the web pages adopting some additional technology from MDT. I think that http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project.php?id=modeling.mmt and http://www.eclipse.org/mmt are now largely correct. Please report issues.

Mission.

I've eliminated the overview statement that the project provides a framework for MMT in favour of a simple starement that the EMF infrastructure is used. It would be nice to provide a common API for transformation invocation with models and meta-models, but we seem to survive without it. If anyone has time, see if your favourite code can be generalised to suit all transformation engines.

Names.

I'm trying to rationalize various qvtd/qvto spellings as qvtd/qvto.

Downloads.

Symbolic links do not work for the downloads area, so I've copied ATL and QVTo downloads across. Please adjust your releng builds to promote to mmt/xxx/downloads/.../m2m-xxx... rather than modeling/m2m/xxx/downloads/.../mmt-xxx... and either delete your old m2m download trees or make them symbolic links to mmt.

The download script accommodates renaming so it is not necessary to rename e.g. m2m-atl-Update-3.2.1.zip to mmt-atl-Update-3.2.1.zip; just use mmt from Juno RC1 onward.

Metadata.

There are a variety of metadata entries that need redirecting from modeling/m2m to mmt. I don't have acess to these, so unless you care to nominate me as a releng committer for your projects, I will need to keep prompting you to make improvements that I can make quicker than I can communicate.

Wiki.

Again many entries may need redirecting. For instance the infrastructure expects an MMT-ATL-FAQ page, so ATL should create or redirect this page.

[If you want to develop out the PHP pages, I can recommend Zend Server Community Edition (http://www.zend.com/en/products/server/downloads?src=downloadb) to get a server running. Checkout selections of /cvsroot/org.eclipse/www to e.g. C:\Program Files\Zend\Apache2\htdocs and use the Eclipse PDT editor. I was making useful progress within about an hour despite minimal PHP/server background.]

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top