Re: [mihini-dev] Mihini persist API

Hi,

Answering your questions is very time consuming, so please try to look in the documentation or the code before posting, if possible. Even for yourself, you will gain time J

In that precise case I think that you would find answers in the persist documentation (look the doc in the module itself, or look at the generated doc on Mihini web site: http://download.eclipse.org/mihini/org.eclipse.mihini-incubation-0.9/Docs/Lua_User_API/persist.html)

Once you do t = persist.table.new('test1'), t is a persisted table. So every time you update a key in that table it is persisted.

t = persist.table.new('test1')

t.a = 1

t.b = 2

--reboot

print(t.b) -- will print value 2

Be careful that only the first level of the table is persisted so if you do:

row1 = {a =1, b=2, c=3}

t = persist.table.new('test1')

t.row1 = row1

then

t.row1.a=2 -- will not be persisted. You have to write the first level of the persisted table so in the current case you would have to do

row1.a=2

t.row1=row1

It work but it is not that efficient. Persisted table is more adapted to store flat values.

Regards,

Cuero