[mihini-dev] RE : About adding Intel Quark-based Galileo board porting

Hi Aixi,

Glad to see your interest in Mihini.
I don't know very much about Intel Galileo board, I've just read *quickly* a bunch of tutorials etc.

You need to get a Linux running on the board.

Then you may have several options for compiling Mihini.
Those are listed on Step 1 of this page:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mihini/Run_Mihini_on_an_Open_Hardware_platform

1 - Compile Mihini on the board: you need to have the C compiler installed on the Galileo Linux.
 Mihini compilation then follows the same steps as compilation on host (Mihini default profile should work out of the box) but it can be slow to compile depending on Galileo processing power.
Example for Raspeberry pi:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mihini/Build_Mihini

2 - Cross-compile Mihini
You need to get cross compiler for Galileo to run on your host develpment PC.
Example for Raspeberry pi (see section "Configuring your own toolchain"):
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mihini/Cross_Compilation

Then for installation;
1 - Manually copy of compiled files on the target
you should copy the "runtime" folder in build folder and run the start.sh file.

2 - If the Linux distribution running of the Galileo comes with a package manager, you might want to try the generated packages:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mihini/Install_Mihini

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Laurent