Re: [mihini-dev] Wiki Suggestions / telnet on port 2000

Le 29/07/2013 22:13, mnerys@xxxxxxxxxx a écrit :
> Hi Guilhem/All,

Hi Marcelo,

> I believe that the intention in NOT really to have a file like
> "~/mihini/runtime/start.sh" and instead have something like
> "~/mihini/start.sh". If a step-by-step guide is being provided and
> the idea is to have a "runtime" in "~mihini", maybe there should be
> a "mkdir mihini" at some earlier point, but other instructions
> (like
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mihini/Run_Mihini_on_an_Open_Hardware_platform
> : sudo ./bin/appmon_daemon -a /home/pi/mihini/start.sh ...) makes
> me believe otherwise (that there should be no "runtime" inside
> "~/mihini").

Yes, you get it. It corrected it.

> Next, after the "start.sh" is invoked on the "Check that everything
> works" section and the user verifies the output, it would be great
> to put a note stating whether he should leave the service running
> or not (before going back to the main tutorial). I assume the user
> should stop Mihini, since on the Main Tutorial he'll be going to
> Step 2 (Configuring Mihini) and then Step 3 (Starting Mihini). So,
> a note about this would make it more clear if he should kill the
> recently launched process or not.

Good idea ; done too :)

> On the "Run the compilation" section, maybe you can update to
> include the recently added gpio module. I tested it here and a
> "make gpio" right after "make modbus_serial" worked like a charm.

Oh, yes, my "make package" did that for me, and I wasn't understanding
why you wanted it.

> Last, but not least, right after running the "start.sh", it would
> be great to add some verification info, like suggesting the user to
> use "telnet localhost 2000" and/or "telnet <raspberry_pi_IP> 2000"
> from the Pi and from an external host to validate the service is
> accessible or not. On my tests here, at this point the only
> successful telnet is the "telnet localhost 2000" from the Pi
> itself. When I try the IP, no telnet works (neither form the Pi,
> nor external). Firewall should not be an issue, since I can
> successfully use ssh to connect to the Pi. Debugging info on this
> can be seen below.

Nice idea, but at this point, it seems normal that trying to reach
Mihini from another computer will not work, because we don't have
configured anything yet.

> Best,
>
> Marcelo Nery dos Santos Research Software Engineer Phone:
> 55-21-2132-3663 E-mail: mnerys@xxxxxxxxxx       Av. Pasteur 146 &
> 138 Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22290-240 - Brazil

Thanks for your feedbacks, and as Benjamin said, feel free to edit the
wiki when you see a mistake ; and if you're not sure we can still talk
about it on the ML.

Guilhem.

Back to the top